The Friends of the Burlington County Animal Shelter is partnering with People for Animals to offer low-cost spay/neuter clinics at the Burlington County Library in Westampton, NJ. To learn why you should spay/neuter your animals visit this page on the People for Animals website.
Spay Shuttle Surgery Fees for Cats (April 6, April 14, April 20):
Pet $76.03-- For April clinics, surgery fees for pet cats are only $50 Community/Feral $35-- For April clinics, surgery fees for feral cats and kittens are only $15
Spay Shuttle Surgery Fees for Dogs (April 6, April 14, April 20):
- Male under 65 pounds $136.79
- Male over 65 pounds $156.79
- Female under 65 pounds $146.79 -- If pregnant, add $10
- Female over 65 pounds $166.79 -- If pregnant, add $10
- For the months of March and April, surgery fees for pit bulls are only $50
- If your dog weighs more than 65 pounds, it can only be spayed/neutered at the Spay Shuttle Clinics: (April 6, April 14, April 20).
- There is room on the Spay Shuttle for only THREE dogs that weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Dogs that weigh 100 pounds or more must be dropped off at the Robbinsville clinic.
- If you can't make any of the clinics that can accommodate large dogs, visit the People for Animals website to make an appointment at their Hillside, Robbinsville or Clayton locations.
Spay/Neuter Clinic Dates
Mobile Clinic Fees for Cats (March 25, March 27, April 22, April 24):
Pet $76.03-- For March and April clinics, surgery fees for pet cats are only $50 Community/Feral $35-- For March and April clinics, surgery fees for feral cats and kittens are only $15
Mobile Clinic Fees for Dogs (March 25, March 27, April 22, April 24):
- Male under 65 pounds $111.79
- Male over 65 pounds $131.79
- Female under 65 pounds $121.79 -- If pregnant, add $10
- Female over 65 pounds $141.79 -- If pregnant, add $10
For the months of March and April, surgery fees for pit bulls are only $50
If your dog weighs more than 65 pounds, it can only be spayed/neutered at the Spay Shuttle Clinics (March 23, April 6, April 20).
Please note: Rescues are NOT eligible for any special discounts, EXCEPT FOR FERAL CATS.
**Note: Animals must weigh at least 2 pounds for spay/neuter surgery. Due to higher risk with anesthesia, People For Animals will not perform spay/neuter surgery on:
- English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs, Pugs
- dogs aged 7 years or older who weigh more than 25 pounds; NOTE: dogs age 7 years or older who weigh 25 pounds or less require a CBC blood test at least three days before surgery
We suggest you contact a full service veterinary practice if you have an animal that falls into the categories above.
Surgery includes pre-op exam, pain control injection, take-home pain medication, Elizabethan collar and medical waste fee. Feral cats ONLY also receive a rabies and distemper vaccine, if needed.
To qualify for the community/feral cat price, cats are not socialized and are part of a trap-neuter-release (TNR) effort. The cat will be ear-tipped during surgery. Community/feral cats do not receive take-home pain medication or Elizabethan collar.
- Feline Leukemia/FIV Test $30
- Canine Heartworm/Lyme Test $30
- Ear Cleaning $15
- Nail Clipping $10.70 ($10 plus $.70 tax)
- Microchip $15
- Lyme Vaccine $30
- Feline Leukemia Vaccine $30
- Bordetella (kennel cough), CIV (canine influenza), cat distemper, dog distemper or rabies vaccines $19 each
Add-on services also are available for pets who aren't having spay/neuter surgery at Saturday clinics at 11 a.m. So if your pet is already spay/neutered, but you would like it microchipped, you can come to a Saturday clinic at 11 a.m. and have that done. Please register in advance for any add-on service.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609-479-1966 and provide the following information:
- your name, phone number, address and email address
- type of animal (dog, pet cat or feral)
- your pet's name, age and color; for dogs only, provide breed and weight
The clinics have same day drop-off and pick-up (dogs must be on a leash, pet cats in an individual plastic carrier, feral cats in a wire trap). Carriers/traps with feral cats should be covered with a sheet/towel/blanket to reduce their anxiety.
Spay Shuttle clinics (April 6, April 14, April 20): Dogs and cats are dropped off at 7:15 a.m. at the Burlington County Library in Westampton and picked up the same day at 4 p.m. at the Burlington County Library. The Spay Shuttle transports the animals to the People For Animals clinic in Robbinsville. There is a $5 transportation fee per animal, excluding feral cats. You also may drop off and pick up your animal at the Robbinsville clinic.
Mobile clinics (March 25, March 27, April 22, April 24):
- dogs are dropped off at 7:15 a.m.
- cats are dropped off at 7:30 a.m.
- dogs picked up same day at 3:00 p.m.
- cats picked up same day at 4:00 p.m.
- drop offs and pick ups are at the Burlington County Library.
- Your adult pet must have no food after midnight the night before surgery.
- Your kittens or puppies younger than 4 months must not eat after 6 a.m. the day of surgery.
- Your dog must not be in heat.
- Your pet must not be coughing, sneezing, vomiting or have diarrhea.
- Your pet must not be on any medicine, excluding heartworm preventive.
**Important** You MUST call to cancel your appointment immediately if your pet hasn't met the surgery preparation requirements.
People for Animals requires payment at least two days before the clinic date if you're paying with a credit/debit card. Please make your payment at the PFA Payment page. If not pre-paid, services must be paid for when you drop off your animal in the morning. Cash or money order for the EXACT amount please.
Instructions and Forms:
- Consent for Surgery Form (English PDF); the consent form you will sign prior to your pet’s surgery.
- Consent for Surgery Form (Español PDF)
- Post-operative care for pet dogs and cats (PDF)
- Post-operative care for feral cats (PDF)
Please bring a signed consent form with you. If you aren't able to bring one, you will be given a consent form to sign when you drop off your animal(s).
Burlington County Library
5 Pioneer Blvd
Westampton, NJ 08060
Link to Google Map
Turn left into the Library entrance, then first left into the east most section of the parking lot
There are other low-cost spay/neuter programs in the area. See this page for more information.