The Friends of the Burlington County Animal Shelter, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The all-volunteer group cooperates with the county animal shelter to care for shelter pets and place them into adoptive homes. We also work to reduce the number of homeless pets in our community by sponsoring low-cost spay-neuter surgeries. The group was founded in November 2010 and incorporated in February 2012.
Our mission statement is:
We enhance the lives of shelter animals and help them find homes. We also help reduce the number of homeless animals in our community by sponsoring a low-cost spay/neuter program.
Our goals are:
- Helping the animals be happy and healthy in the shelter. We interact with the animals by walking the dogs and playing with the cats, which helps them release stress and pent-up energy, as well as improving their overall health and adoptability.
- Helping the animals move from the shelter into forever homes, foster homes, and no-kill animal rescues. We promote the animals in a variety of ways, including helping post information to adoption websites, such as Petfinder, and acting as a liaison for the shelter with foster homes and no-kill rescues.
- Reducing the number of homeless pets in our community by sponsoring low-cost spay/neuter surgeries.
We are extremely proud to be a Platinum level member of GuideStar, an organization that ranks non-profits on their financial transparency.
We're also very proud to have been named 2017 Best Charity in 2017 by the readers of the Burlington County Times. This is our third consecutive year as best or one of the best charities! BCT readers also awarded our Barb Feldstein Memorial Raining Cats & Dogs Pet Fest the 2017 Best Outdoor Event award, as well as the One of the Best Family Events award.
We are also proud to be a Best Friends Network Partner. The Best Friends Network, made up of hundreds of shelters, rescue groups and other animal welfare organizations in all corners of the country, is committed to saving the lives of homeless pets through collaboration and implementation of effective adoption, spay/neuter and intake prevention programs. In partnership with Best Friends, we are leading the way by implementing proven methods and inspiring communities to end the killing of dogs and cats in America’s shelters. Together, we will Save Them All.
We are also a proud participant in Shelter Animals Count, a collaborative initiative formed by a diverse group of stakeholders to create and share a national database of sheltered animal statistics, providing facts, and enabling insights that will save lives.
Use the links at the left to learn more about the organization.
Non-profit Public Records
- IRS Determination Letter
- Articles of Incorporation
- Articles of Incorporation Change of Address
- Conflict of Interest
- 2016 NJ CRI 300R form
- 2016 990EZ
- 2015 NJ CRI 300R form
- 2015 IRS form 990
- 2014 NJ CRI 300R form
- 2014 IRS form 990
- 2013 IRS form 990-N
- 2012 IRS form 990-N
Budgets by Year
Friends of BCAS address:
3111 Route 38 Suite 11 #238 Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054